Need help now?
Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
JED's Evening of Storytelling - Join Us! »
Join us 11/30 in NYC for JED's Evening of Storytelling to support mental health & celebrate #GivingTuesday
Students Who Feel Emotionally Unprepared for College More Likely to Report Poor Academic Performance and Negative College Experience »
National survey of 1,502 first-year college students examines challenging transition from high school to college
An Open Letter from the Be Vocal Speak Up Campaign »
It's time to speak up for mental health. Join Be Vocal Speak Up.