Need help now?
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
The Jed Foundation on Better Worldians Radio »
Better Worldians Radio interview with John MacPhee about how The Jed Foundation is helping young people navigate tough times.
The Jed Foundation's 13th Annual Gala »
Thursday, June 5th marked The Jed Foundation's 13th Annual Gala, The Brightest Night
Clinton Foundation, Facebook, and The Jed Foundation Held Town Hall at Pace University about Mental Health on Campuses »
Town hall highlighted joint initiative to help colleges and universities promote emotional well-being and mental health