Need help now?
Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Programs & Research
Emotional Health 101 Video
The Half of Us campaign (www.halfofus.com) was launched in 2006 by The Jed Foundation and mtvU, MTV’s 24 hour college television network, to improve emotional health and prevent suicide among college students. Since then, The Peabody Award-winning campaign has developed powerful Public Service Announcements (PSAs), as well as candid celebrity, student and expert interviews to help de-stigmatize mental health, encourage young people to seek out ways to improve their state of mind, and connect students to the appropriate resources to get help.
Given how challenging it can be for campuses to start a conversation with students on the topic of mental health, these assets have been compiled into an engaging five minute video, Emotional Health 101, which gives an overview of the struggles students commonly face and encourages viewers to seek on-campus support if they need it. This video can be used by faculty, staff and student groups to help introduce the importance of emotional health and help-seeking through orientation, student events or other programming.
The video can be viewed below or streamed online at http://www.halfofus.com/video/?videoID=83&chapterID=1 . It can also be downloaded in QuickTime, Windows Media and Flash Video format. If you’d like to download the video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details, using the subject line “Emotional Health 101.” We’re also happy to help you access the video in another format if needed.
- Jed and Clinton Health Matters Campus Program
- Campus Teams Resource
- CampusMHAP Webinars
- College and University Suicide Prevention Accreditation Program
- Emotional Health 101 Video
- Framework for Developing Institutional Protocols for the Acutely Distressed or Suicidal College Student
- Half of Us
- Help a Friend in Need
- Helping Our Student Veterans Succeed
- Improving Your Understanding of Suicide Among College Students - Medscape CME
- Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award
- Mental Health & Wellness on Campus: A Town Hall Without Walls
- Postvention: A Guide For Response to Suicide on College Campuses
- Safeguarding Your Students Against Suicide
- Student Mental Health and the Law
- Studying Abroad: Identifying Students at Risk
- Transition Year
- Webinars for Campus Professionals