Need help now?
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Programs & Research
Studying Abroad: Identifying Students at Risk
Depression and Suicidal Behaviors in Students Studying Abroad: Identifying Students at Risk provides valuable information to any college faculty or staff member who may be accompanying students who are studying abroad.
Issues covered include:
Resources to gather before you leave the U.S. and after you arrive at your destination
Symptoms of depression and mania
How to assist a student who needs to seek professional help while abroad
Warning signs for suicide
The brochure provides information on websites for mental health and suicide prevention as well as international crisis and counseling services. The Jed Foundation recommends campus professionals create a companion insert to this brochure which provides information specific to your campus.
- Campus Teams Resource
- CampusMHAP Webinars
- Emotional Health 101 Video
- Framework for Developing Institutional Protocols for the Acutely Distressed or Suicidal College Student
- Help a Friend in Need
- Helping Our Student Veterans Succeed
- Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award
- Safeguarding Your Students Against Suicide
- Student Mental Health and the Law
- Studying Abroad: Identifying Students at Risk
- Transition Year