Need help now?
Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
New Broad-Based Coalition Announces June 2 As First-Ever Gun Violence Awareness Day and Calls on Americans Nationwide to "Wear Orange" »
JED and Many More Join Diverse Coalition of Partners to "Wear Orange"
The JED Foundation Partners With SAMHSA For National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day »
JED celebrates SAMHSA's 10th annual National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day with day-long national events
2015 Student Voice of Mental Health Award Honoree Announced! »
We are thrilled to announce that Sonia Doshi, a junior at the University of Michigan, is our 2015 Jerry Greenspan Student Voice