Need help now?
Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to protect emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
CBS Radio Interview with John MacPhee on JED and College Mental Health »
JED's Executive Director, John MacPhee, talks to Deborah Gordon at WCBS-FM
Why We're Vocal for Mental Health »
We're excited to share a new video from #BeVocalSpeakUp: 126 letters, 39 videos and a whole lot of courage.
New Effort Around Importance of Suicide Risk Screening »
Suicide Risk Screening Outreach & Resource via EHR Platform