Need help now?
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
Rock Band Nothing More Speaks Up & Donates to Mental Health »
JED is proud to partner with Rock Radio chart-toppers, Nothing More, to spread awareness about mental health issues.
Higher Education Mental Health Alliance Releases Guide to Assist Colleges with Response to Suicide on Campus »
New Suicide Postvention Resource Available for Colleges and Universities to Help Plan for and Respond to Tragedies on Campus
56 Colleges & Universities Join The Jed & Clinton Health Matters Campus Program to Support Student Mental Health »
Schools Nationwide Commit to Assess and Enhance Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Suicide Prevention Programming