JED Advising Services
JED advises various stakeholders to help promote teen and young adult well-being.
Our experts are available to:
- Provide customized on-site presentations and workshops to a variety of stakeholders in campus mental health promotion and suicide prevention, including counseling center, health center and student affairs staff; university administration and trustees; and students and parent groups. Presentation topics include:
- An overview of campus mental health and suicide prevention, including JED’s Comprehensive Approach
- Legal and Ethical Issues in College Mental Health
- Managing Mental Health Crises on Campus, including suicide postvention
- Establishing and Managing Campus Behavioral Intervention Teams
- Coordination of Campus Support, Medical and Counseling services
- Various topics related to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in Mental Health on Campus
- Meet with individual schools to review mental health programming and systems, and to develop and enhance efforts to support student mental health.
- Help develop comprehensive postvention responses in the event of a student death. This could include establishing communication protocols, coordinating the efforts of various departments and staff, outreach and counseling options, memorials, etc.
- Provide support and advising in the aftermath of campus suicides or other crises.
- Help High School and College communities prepare students for the transition out of high school.
- Provide presentations to parent groups on teen and young adult mental health and how families can best support emerging adults.
- Thought partnership and support for strategic planning and facilitating discussions to address campus climate issues, belonging and retention for students of color and other underrepresented populations around accessing mental health and other campus resources.
- Training and professional development on the Equity in Mental Health Framework.
If you are interested in exploring JED’s advising services, please contact email@example.com.