JED Campus Advisor
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Campus Advisor is a member of the JED Campus team and the position is an excellent opportunity for student affairs practitioners and/or mental health clinicians who are seeking to utilize their talents on a national level. The Campus Advisor will aid in the creation and implementation of strategic plans for member schools which support student mental health, substance use, and suicide prevention efforts. The Campus Advisor will engage in reviewing campus processes, programs and protocols and analyze school-specific data to inform the strategies and guidance that they provide to the school. The Campus Advisor’s experience and knowledge of mental health, the higher education landscape, and campus systems will be utilized in the implementation and development of program delivery to university leadership. The Campus Advisor will report to the Director of the JED Campus program and work closely with the entire JED team.
Relationship Building & Advising Support
- Build relationships with school contacts within your assigned portfolio
- Assist schools in developing and executing strategic plans and measuring the efficacy of the mental health promotion efforts they implement on their campus
- Provide ongoing support to participating JED Campus schools on mental health promotion, suicide and substance abuse programming, services, and policies
- Serve as a resource consultant to colleges and universities, and to JED program staff
Assessment, Data Analysis, & Reporting
- Conduct programmatic reviews of campus systems within portfolio of schools
- Analyze student data of assigned campuses to inform support provided to schools
- Draft feedback reports and executive summaries for campus stakeholders
- Aid campuses in ongoing assessment of their efforts. Benchmark the work of campuses against a measurement rubric
- Utilized Salesforce to record and codify contacts with participating schools, tracking progress, types of intervention, utilization of resources, etc.
- Assist in researching and creating resources for the JED Campus learning community
- Create content for and facilitate webinars
- Create content for newsletters and blog posts
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree required, preferably in education, psychology, counseling, public health, or related field
- At least 5 years professional experience in young adult mental health and substance abuse programming, counseling, student affairs and/or public health
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication, and comfort supporting member campuses through telephone and virtual communications
- Experience and comfort with presenting to large groups, including senior leadership
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with individuals and organizations
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM systems strongly preferred
- Experience working on a highly effective team strongly preferred
- Ability to travel to campuses seasonally (15% travel)
Salary: commensurate with experience
Location: New York, NY
To learn more about JED Campus, visit www.jedcampus.org
Interested candidates should submit their résumé with cover letter through this job application link only.
JED is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace that values teamwork, collaboration and creativity. JED is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.