JED is seeking a dedicated professional to join our team as a JED Campus Advisor.
Overview of Campus Advisor Position:
The Campus Advisor is an important member of the JED team providing comprehensive support to colleges and universities nationwide – with a specific focus on schools participating in JED Campus. The Advisor will provide ongoing support and resource development to JED Campus schools, track school progress through the program and consult with schools to identify and provide needed resources to assist schools in implementing their strategic plan. The Campus Advisor’s clinical and/or systems perspective, thoughts and ideas will be utilized in the implementation and development of program delivery to university leadership. These program elements include the JED Campus learning community, consisting of an online resource center, webinar series and newsletter and the execution of programmatic partnerships. S/he will report to JED’s Clinical Director, and work closely with the entire JED team.
Campus Advisor Position Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource consultant to colleges and universities, and to JED program staff
- Provide ongoing support to participating JED Campus schools on mental health promotion, suicide and substance abuse programming, services, policy development and implementation
- Keep current on best-practices/policies supporting emotional well-being, suicide and substance abuse prevention on college campuses
- Assist schools in developing and executing a strategic plan and measuring the efficacy of the mental health promotion efforts they implement on their campus
- Record and codify contacts with participating schools, tracking progress, types of intervention, utilization of resources, etc.
- Assist in the development of the JED Campus learning community, including developing and updating JED Campus online resource library, webinars and newsletters
- Work on additional JED initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Genuine interest and commitment to improving the mental health and wellness of young adults
- 5-7 years professional experience in college student affairs and/or health
- Master’s degree in related field, preferably psychology, public health, or education
- Experience working on a highly effective field team/sales force strongly preferred
- Background in college mental health programming, substance abuse, behavioral health, adolescent development, student affairs and/or public health approaches to mental health care and suicide prevention desired
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent research, analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and sustain relationships with individuals, agencies and organizations
- Experience in working in office settings strongly preferred
Salary range: commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email their résumé with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JED is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace that values teamwork, collaboration and creativity.
JED is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.