JED Consultation Services
JED consults with various stakeholders to help promote teen and young adult well-being.
Our experts are available to:
- Provide customized on-site presentations and workshops to a variety of stakeholders in campus mental health promotion and suicide prevention, including counseling center, health center and student affairs staff; university administration and trustees; and students and parent groups. Presentation topics include:
- An overview of campus mental health and suicide prevention, including JED’s Model for Comprehensive Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention for Colleges and Universities
- Legal and Ethical Issues in College Mental Health
- Managing Mental Health Crises on Campus, including suicide postvention
- Establishing and Managing Campus BIT teams
- Coordination and Integration of Campus Support, Medical and Counseling services
- Consult with individual schools to review mental health programming and systems, and to develop and enhance efforts to support student mental health.
- Help develop comprehensive postvention responses in the event of a student death. This could include establishing communication protocols, coordinating the efforts of various departments and staff, outreach and counseling options, memorials, etc.
- Provide support and consultation in the aftermath of campus suicides or other crises
- Help High School and College communities prepare students for the transition out of high school
- Provide presentations to parent groups on teen and young adult mental health and how families can best support emerging adults
If you are interested in exploring JED’s consultation services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.