The Jed Foundation (JED) is a non-profit organization that exists to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for nation’s teens and young. We partner with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We equip teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. We encourage community awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental health.
We envision a future where:
- Every high school and college has a comprehensive system that supports emotional health and reduces the risks of substance abuse and suicide.
- All teens and young adults are equipped to navigate mental health challenges, to seek and give help, and emotionally prepared to enter adulthood and fulfill their potential.
- Our communities support the emotional well-being and mental health of teens and young adults.
- Mental health is recognized as part of general health and wellness and is not associated with shame, secrecy or prejudice.
JED’s public service campaigns reach over 25 million people; and more than one million people each year are better informed and prepared to care for their mental health, or a loved one, by using JED’s online resource centers. Over 2,500 schools strengthen their safety nets for students by using at least one resource from JED; and 240 colleges representing over 2,500,000 students are participating in JED Campus, working with JED to improve their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programming.JED has 26 full-time staff and a 2019 operating budget of $7 million. Please visit www.jedfoundation.org to learn more.
Reporting to the CFO and serving as a key member of the Finance & Administration team, the Manager, Administration will be the first point of contact for all guests in person, via phone, and over e-mail. Other administrative responsibilities include office management and inventory procurement. The individual in this role will also serve as lead on facilities management and act as point person on all IT-related projects in collaboration with contracted IT group. Given the scope of work, the Manager, Administration will not only work closely with members of the Finance & Administration team but also collaborate frequently with staff across the organization.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
Specific Responsibilities by Percentage
Administration – 40%
- Serve as first point of contact for all guests; triage all incoming calls and respond to voicemails
- Respond to and/or triage in a timely manner all inquiries to the organization’s info e-mail
- Organize, maintain, and procure all office, copy room, restroom, and pantry supplies
- Maintain a clean, professional environment in all areas of the office
- Serve as expense reporting proxy for senior leadership members on a monthly basis
- Support the Finance & Administration team on planning and logistics for staff events
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as required by CFO
Facilities Management – 35%
- Regularly upkeep all facilities components such as furniture, entrances, walls, fixtures, electrical fuses/outlets, and water pipes in restrooms and pantry areas with additional, external resources as needed
- Act as lead on all leasehold improvement plans including – but not limited to – furniture, fixtures, equipment, walls, and other office partitions.
- Evaluate and provide professional opinion on leasehold improvement plans related to building code, structural load feasibility, and other possible hazards
- Correspond with third-party HVAC company and serve as project manager on all HVAC maintenance issues
- Correspond with building staff and/or building supervisor on all maintenance issues that require building management support
- Serve as point person on all office moves and workstation arrangements
- Assemble and breakdown conference room arrangements on an as-needed basis including IT set up
Information Technology – 25%
- Oversee IT projects – hardware and software – as formulated with guidance from the CFO to meet organizational productivity needs
- Act as the main liaison between staff and contracted IT group on all IT-related issues daily
- Actively explore new, efficient IT systems and best practices for incorporation into the organization’s long-term IT strategy
- Support the CFO in periodically auditing existing cybersecurity capabilities, possible access breach points, and organization’s data breach protocol to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Provide regular and as-needed training and demonstrations to staff on existing and newly implemented systems
- Upkeep the IT inventory list and recommend IT hardware replacements based on predetermined useful life cycles
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in office/facilities maintenance and project management
- Tech savvy; willing to learn new systems and explore new options
- Able to multitask without losing sight of project goals or attention to detail
- Active communicator and possesses a self-starter personality and approach to work