Manager, Finance & Administration
The Jed Foundation (JED) is a non-profit organization that exists to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for nation’s teens and young. We partner with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We equip teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. We encourage community awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental health. We envision a future where:
- Every high school and college has a comprehensive system that supports emotional health and reduces the risks of substance abuse and suicide.
- All teens and young adults are equipped to navigate mental health challenges, to seek and give help, and emotionally prepared to enter adulthood and fulfill their potential.
- Our communities support the emotional well-being and mental health of teens and young adults.
- Mental health is recognized as part of general health and wellness and is not associated with shame, secrecy or prejudice.
JED’s public service campaigns reach over 25 million people; and more than one million people each year are better informed and prepared to care for their mental health, or a loved one, by using JED’s online resource centers. Over 2,500 schools strengthen their safety nets for students by using at least one resource from JED; and 240 colleges representing over 2,500,000 students are participating in JED Campus, working with JED to improve their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programming.
JED has 28 full-time staff and a 2019 operating budget of $7 million. Please visit www.jedfoundation.org to learn more.
Reporting to the CFO and serving as a key member of the Finance & Administration team, the Manager, Finance & Administration will be the initial point of contact for most periodic financial reporting and analysis as well as day-to-day Salesforce CRM recordkeeping. The individual in this position will also be instrumental to the organization’s annual audit, organization-wide events, and collaboration with other members of the Finance & Administrative team and the Development team.
Specific Responsibilities by Percentage
Financial Reporting & Analysis – 50%
- Assist in the creation of monthly internal financial management reports (e.g., budget vs. actuals report, profit and loss statement, etc.)
- Draft periodic, external reporting to donors on grant funds usage for review by CFO
- Update financial models with multi-scenarios to help drive strategic initiatives
- Assist in evaluating projects against approved fiscal budget with highlights to any accounting implications using known revenue and expense factors
- Apply observed revenue and expense trends/streams to assist CFO in annual, org-wide budget creation
- Update organization’s Net Asset Roll Forward schedule under the direction of the CFO
Salesforce CRM System Management – 35%
- Handle all day-to-day entries including but not limited to grants, pledges, and donor contact information
- Execute all donor acknowledgment letters daily for CDO and/or Executive Director & CEO signature
- Produce ad-hoc reports on all pledges and grants as needed by CFO and/or CDO
- Proactively detect, alert, and resolve inaccurate records to eliminate org-wide reporting errors
Intra-team and Cross-team Collaboration – 15%
- Partner with other Manager, Finance & Administration on a weekly basis to ensure all revenue is reconciled between Salesforce CRM and accounting system
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Human Resources & Administration on an as-needed basis to ensure all JED special events revenue is reconciled across Salesforce, accounting system, and internal schedules
- Serve as an additional resource in accounting at the direction of the CFO
- Proactively engage in ad-hoc accounting and basic financial reporting as assigned by CFO
- Assist in other administrative duties of the Finance & Administration team as needed.
- Certification (CA, CPA) or degree in Business or Finance; CPA designation is a plus
- 2-3 years of accounting experience preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Intermediate to expert level usage of Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM system.
- Knowledgeable and has a proven track record managing most, if not all parts, of day-to-day accounting under US GAAP.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
- Excited by a fast-paced dynamic environment, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies
Salary range: commensurate with experience
This position is located in New York City. It is not a remote position.
Interested candidates should email their résumé with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JED is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace that values teamwork, collaboration and creativity. JED is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.