Need help now?
Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Programs & Research
Helping Our Student Veterans Succeed
Since the 2012 changes to the GI Bill, more student veterans than ever are pursuing higher education. This growing population brings valuable skills and assets to our campus communities but, sometimes, they face unique challenges as they transition from service or combat into college life. The Jed Foundation and the Bob Woodruff Foundation have partnered to create a training tool that helps campus health professionals best understand the student veteran perspective, engage with them on campus, and provide the resources and support they need to succeed. Thanks to funding from the Bob Woodruff Foundation, the training and CE/CME credits are offered at no charge. We hope you'll share this valuable training experience with all your colleagues.
The Jed Foundation and the Bob Woodruff Foundation have also created a series of PSAs and video features designed to help bridge the gap between student veterans and their civilian peers. These spots can be used at no charge in your campus programming. You can watch the videos using the links below. If you're interested in obtaining a copy of these videos to use in your programming, contact us for more information.
- Campus Teams Resource
- CampusMHAP Webinars
- College and University Suicide Prevention Accreditation Program
- Emotional Health 101 Video
- Framework for Developing Institutional Protocols for the Acutely Distressed or Suicidal College Student
- Half of Us
- Help a Friend in Need
- Helping Our Student Veterans Succeed
- Improving Your Understanding of Suicide Among College Students - Medscape CME
- JED Campus Program
- Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award
- Mental Health & Wellness on Campus: A Town Hall Without Walls
- Postvention: A Guide For Response to Suicide on College Campuses
- Safeguarding Your Students Against Suicide
- Student Mental Health and the Law
- Studying Abroad: Identifying Students at Risk
- Transition Year
- Webinars for Campus Professionals