The Jed Foundation (JED) is pleased to grant access to original materials to organizations and professionals for the purpose of helping parents, students and community members support the mental health and emotional well-being of teens and young adults. Our reprint policy is below, divided by the type of use.
Please note that there is content on JED’s websites which JED has permission to publish, but for which it does not hold copyright. As this content is not JED’s property, we are unable to grant reprint permission for their use. Be aware that reprinting content without permission is a violation of copyright law and could be subject to legal action.
Licenses to reproduce content do not extend to photography.
Linking to Articles
No formal permission is required, but we do ask that you cite The Jed Foundation (JED) as the source of the article with your hyperlink to the original content on the JED web property.
Printing Copies for a Community Group
Free. No formal permission is required. Please follow the Attribution and Guidelines below.
Not-for-Profit Reprints (hard copy or digital)
Typically free. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the desired piece of content and describe the intended use. You will receive a response within three business days. Please follow the Attribution and Guidelines below.
Commercial Use (hard copy or digital)
Typically $500 donation per article, granting one-time, non-exclusive North American rights.
Formal approval is required. Please contact email@example.com, noting the desired piece(s) of content and describing the intended use.
Payment must be received prior to the content’s publication via donation at jedfoundation.org/donate.
Attribution and Guidelines (hard copy or digital)
- Articles or excerpts must be reprinted in their entirety with no copy changes.
- Articles must include JED’s byline under the article title. Examples:
- By Dr. Victor Schwartz, The Jed Foundation (JED)
- Provided by The Jed Foundation (JED) (only if no author is noted)
- Articles must include copyright information at the close of the article.
- Reprinted courtesy of The Jed Foundation (JED) © [Insert Review Year Listed in Article]. All rights reserved.
- Articles posted or printed in full must include JED’s logo at the top or bottom of the content.
- All digital mentions of The Jed Foundation, JED or jedfoundation.org and any of JED’s online properties must be hyperlinked and internal links must be retained.
- You agree that JED will have no liability to you whatsoever, either express or implied, for the information, ideas, concepts or opinions contained in the Reprinted Content.
- Materials must not be used in a way that suggests you are associated with JED or an affiliated JED entity.
JED reserves the right to revoke linking or reprint permission, at any time and for any reason. JED will typically revoke permission if your use of JED material is no longer appropriate or is contrary to the intent described in your initial request for permission.