Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Overview of Position:
JED is seeking a dedicated professional to join our team as a Social Media and Communications Coordinator. This individual will support all media and social media efforts for JED. They will report to the Senior Manager, Communications and will play a pivotal role in the development and execution of a comprehensive communications and social media plan to further JED’s mission.
Supporting all communications, media and social media efforts including:
- Becoming an expert in JED’s brand
- Learning and working with JED’s email platform
- Learning and working on JED’s website
- Managing JED’s editorial calendar
- Drafting communications and social media messaging and materials
- Managing and consolidating feedback
- Working with vendors and platforms to create and edit engaging content
- Coordinating and communicating with JED spokespeople
- Monitoring and analyzing JED’s social media metrics
- Exploring additional social media platforms that may be appropriate for JED
- Coordinating content and logistics with partners for social media campaigns, Twitter chats etc.
- Engaging with JED’s online audience
- Monitoring relevant conversations and articles online and keeping the JED team up to date on news
Qualifications and Experience:
- Genuine interest in improving the mental health and well-being of teens and young adults
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.)
- Enjoys and excels working collaboratively on a team
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with email marketing platforms a plus
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Experience using WordPress a plus
- Graphic design and video editing experience a plus
- Curious and eager learner
- Minimum BA/BS
Salary range: Entry level position, commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email their résumé with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JED is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace that values teamwork, collaboration and creativity. JED is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.