JED’s Student Advisory Council (SAC) is a group of exceptional young people who enhance our impact on campus and bring the student voice and perspective to our programming.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON TO MEET THIS YEAR’S SAC!
What is the SAC?
JED’s Student Advisory Council (SAC) will represent the college students’ perspective and support our work to protect emotional health and prevent suicide among their peers. The SAC will advise JED with feedback on existing campaigns and programs, engage their campus communities and young adults across the US in spreading awareness about emotional health issues through fundraising events, and assist with new initiatives.
What’s expected of SAC members?
SAC members are expected to spend a minimum of 2-4 hours per month working with JED. These activities may include:
- providing feedback on developing initiatives and assets, specifically with an eye to on-campus student activation
- sharing one’s story of lived experience with mental health issues or the experience of offering support to someone in emotional distress
- creating content (i.e., writing articles, blog posts, etc.)
- using social media to share messaging about these issues and JED’s work
- holding awareness and fundraising events on campus
- liaising with other SAC members
All SAC members will participate in a monthly meeting online with JED staff (schedule TBD).
What are the perks?
- Learn a lot! SAC members learn from experts about college mental health and the nonprofit world, and have opportunities to speak to interesting partners of JED.
- Make a difference! SAC members’ ideas and work will be put to use to help support the emotional health of college students.
- Share your story! Your voice matters. If you have a personal story related to emotional health that you’re hoping to spread more broadly, JED can help you.
- Put your network to work! Awareness and financial support helps JED continue its meaningful work. Share information with your community of family and friends, host events, and help raise funds.
- Be in the know! SAC members are among the first to know about exciting news, program developments partnerships, and events.
- Get experience! JED welcomes forward thinkers’ insight and engagement in our programs – great experience to add to a resume.