Yves Mathieu Shares His Story
Yves Mathieu is a model, musician, and activist who uses his voice to help others. But earlier in his life, he felt like he was not heard. In this JED Voices series, Yves talks about his experiences with bullying, connecting to and caring for yourself, journaling and more.
Watch the full video here, or scroll below for links to shorter clips. You can see all the JED Voices Videos in this YouTube playlist.
Check out these short clips from the video:
- “Go love on your gay son,” on overcoming bullying
- “Self-dating,” on caring for yourself
- “I see my journal as a person,” on the power of journaling
- “Bringing hope to queer youth shelters,” on the importance of creating community
- “Volunteering as therapy,” on helping others
- “Your voice matters,” on sharing stories of those who have recently died by suicide
Join the conversation about mental health on social media using #JEDvoices and our handle @jedfoundation, where sharing our stories shows us that we aren’t alone when we connect with one another.